This section lists the options which affect the way products and shelf tools are placed and moved while planogramming.
Collisions (or collision detection) mimic the real world by detecting and preventing any overlap between objects. With collisions activated, the following occurs when you drag, move or copy an item and position it:
The collision feature can be enabled or disabled at various levels depending on your needs and preferences:
You can disable collisions altogether if you prefer to be able to place products and shelf tools totally freely and let them overlap other items and bay elements when desired. This setting is per user and is remembered across sessions:
1. Click on Settings.
2. Under Settings affecting the current user only, Viewing & Editing, next to Collisions, check or uncheck the checkbox to enable or disable collisions.
3. Now close the settings and try to push a product against another one or against a divider bay element to see how they behave depending on the Collisions setting.
Note: This setting is only available to PlanogramBuilder Administrators.
You can disable collisions permanently for specific products and shelf tools. This is useful when only some items must always be allowed to overlap other items.
1. Select the items you want o change the collisions value.
2. In Item Info task, check or uncheck Collisions. See Item Info.
1. Check the Collisions parameter for any specific bay elements to prevent products from overlapping them. See Bay Element Collisions.
You can disable all collisions temporarily while placing products and shelf tools to avoid moving other items or being blocked inadvertently. This is typically useful when the item you are moving crosses other items or bay elements on its way to another location on the bay.
1. Press the C keyboard key when Move Items to temporarily disable collision detection.
When you drag, move or copy an item on a shelf close enough to another item, it will automatically be re-positioned to touch the other item.
Similarly, when you position an item close to the side edge of a shelf, the item will automatically be re-positioned precisely at the edge of the shelf.
The threshold for an item to snap to nearby items and to shelf edges can be specified in the Settings:
1. Click on Settings.
2. Under Settings affecting the current user only, Viewing & Editing, next to Auto snap distance, type the threshold distance value for items to snap together.
3. Now close the settings and try to move some products near each other to see how they behave.
Example 1 above: If you set the distance to 4cm, a product placed further than 4cm away from another product will stay where you place it.
Example 2 above: If you set the distance to 4cm, a product placed closer than 4cm away from another product will jump and snap adjacent to that product.
Example 3 above: If you set the distance to 4cm, a product placed closer than 4cm away from the lateral edge of a shelf will jump and snap aligned to the shelf lateral edge.
Note: Auto-Snap only affects products and shelf tools that are sitting on shelves. Pegged items don’t snap together.
Tip: If you want to be able to place products very close to each other without snapping them together, enter a value of 0 in the setting.
You can display the dimensions of any selected item. See Dimension Lines.